- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced, optional
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pints home-canned pasta sauce, or 1 jar (24 ounces)
- 2 pints diced home-canned tomatoes, or 1 can (28 ounces), undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles as it cooks. Add garlic, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Lightly spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the meat mixture and bell pepper, if using. Stir in the tomato paste, water, pasta sauce, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, or on low for 4-1/2 hours.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta. Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Photo by Getty Images/ALLEKO
Yields 8 to 10 servings.