Summer just isn't summer without a bowl of tasty homemade ice cream!
- 3 cups (1-1/2 pints) half-and-half
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed OR mashed strawberries
- Red food coloring, optional
Ice Cream Freezer Container Method:
- Combine all ingredients; mix well. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze leftovers.
- Omit half-and-half. In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; stir in strawberries and food coloring.
- Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped. Pour into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container.
- Cover; freeze for 6 hours, or until firm. Store leftovers, covered, in freezer.
More from this issue:
- Berry Patriotic Trifle Recipe
- Cherry Angel Cream Cake Recipe
- Fresh Fruit Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- Red, White and Blue Delight Recipe