French Toast Casserole Recipe
• 12 slices bread, torn into chunks
• 6 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
• Maple syrup
1. Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle in the bread chunks.
2. In a small bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, evaporated milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix well. Pour over bread in slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, without lifting the lid. Remove lid and continue cooking for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Serve hot with maple syrup.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.