Serve these pickles with a warm bowl of Homemade Chili.
• Cooking oil, for frying
• 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 3⁄4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
• 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt, to taste
• 1⁄2 cup water
• 2 cups sliced dill pickles, drained and dried
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 inch cooking oil to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, Cajun and Italian seasonings, cayenne pepper, salt, and water to form a batter.
3. Add 1 cup pickles to batter, and toss to coat. Remove pickles with a slotted spoon, allowing excess batter to drip off.
4. Add batter-coated pickles to oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining pickles.