This recipe originally ran in the August 2008 edition of Heart of the Home.
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 6 cups bite-size pieces mixed salad greens
• 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
• 2 green onions, sliced
1. Mix picante sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice and garlic powder; set aside.
2. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. Brush with remaining oil and grill for 15 minutes, or until done, turning once. Slice chicken into strips.
3. Place salad greens on 4 plates. Top with chicken, beans and orange slices. Sprinkle with onions and top with picante sauce mixture.
More summer recipes:• Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
• Pico De Gallo Shrimp and Avocado Salad Recipe
• Salsa Verde Grilled Steak Salad Recipe