Ham & Swiss Panini Sandwich Recipe
1 / 2
Grilled ham and cheese panini made with sliced ham and Swiss cheese.
Photo by Getty Images/boblin
2 / 2
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Mayonnaise or spicy mustard
- 3/4 to 1 pound sliced ham
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Swiss cheese slices
- Olive oil
- Preheat panini press or similar type of grill.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with a little mayonnaise or spicy mustard. Top each with slices of ham and cheese, and cover with another slice of bread.
- Brush top and bottom of sandwiches with a little olive oil, and place on hot panini press. Close lid, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Watch closely so they don't burn.Note: Any type of ham — honey, smoked, tavern, etc. — is fine. Use a skillet over medium heat if you don't have a panini press or grill.