Honey-Roasted Carrots. Photo by Getty Images/fermate.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander or 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds carrots, trimmed, cut in half, and then sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, oil, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Add carrots, and stir until all the carrots are completely coated.
- Spread carrots evenly on prepared baking sheet, and top with thyme sprigs.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for another 15 to 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and brown.