Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers, (Harvest House Publishers, 2017), saves your time and sanity with recipes that you can throw in the slow cooker. As a busy mom, blogger and author Shay Shull shows how she uses this kitchen tool to get dinner on the table while tending to other tasks. This recipe for King Ranch Joes can be made in the slow cooker to allow your more time and less clean-up.
The King Ranch Casserole reigns supreme in the South where I live...so I married it with another supper royalty — the sloppy joe — and created this masterpiece. Perfect Chicken from your slow cooker gets this meal on the table in no time.
• 1 pound Perfect Chicken, shredded
• 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
• 1 (10 ounce) can RoTel tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 4 thick slices of corn bread for serving
• Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
• Green onions for garnish, chopped
1. Prepare a batch of Perfect Chicken.
2. About an hour before you’re ready to eat, discard the liquid and place the shredded chicken back into your slow cooker and turn it on to high.
3. Stir in the cream soups, tomatoes, and chili powder.
4. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes to an hour.
5. When you’re ready to serve, place a nice, thick piece of corn bread on each plate. Next, add a big dollop of the chicken mixture on top. Garnish with a little cheese and some green onions.
More From Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
Taken from: Mix & Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love. Copyright © 2017 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.