The New Cast Iron Cookbook: More Than 200 Recipes for Today's Kitchen (F+W Media, 2015) by Adams Media shows you how to easily create delicious dishes from scratch without a nonstick pan. Filled with hundreds of recipes meant to be cooked with the most indestructible cookware around, you can enjoy the benefits of cast iron cuisine, and your table guests will too! The following recipe, excerpted from Chapter 11: Lamb and Game Entrées uses red wine, dijon mustard, and fresh rosemary to create a mouthwatering lamb dish.
You can purchase this book from the Capper's Farmer store: The New Cast Iron Cookbook.
Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Wine Sauce Recipe
• 8 lamb chops
• Pinch salt
• Pinch pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 cup dry red wine
• 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1 teaspoon flour
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 3 tablespoons sour cream
1. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Once the skillet is heated, add half of the oil and four of the chops. Cook on each side for 3 minutes. Remove them from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with the other four chops.
2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the shallot to the pan and cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan. Stir in the rosemary and increase the heat to high. Let the sauce boil for 3 minutes or until it has thickened to a syrup-like consistency.
4. Add the butter and stir until it melts. Sprinkle the flour over the pan and whisk it until it has thickened. Stir in the mustard and the sour cream. Return the chops to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper as necessary. Pour the sauce over the chops and serve while warm.
More from The New Cast Iron Cookbook:
Excerpted from The New Cast-Iron Cookbook: More Than 200 Recipes for Today's Kitchen by Adams Media. Copyright © 2015 F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Buy this book from our store: The New Cast-Iron Cookbook.