Tangy Lemon Breakfast Fruit Strata Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups 1 percent milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices white bread, crust removed, torn into small pieces, divided
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Place 3/4 of bread pieces in a greased 8-inch-square pan. Layer cranberries, remaining bread pieces and pears in pan. Pour milk mixture over pears.
- Mix hazelnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over mixture in pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. This recipe originally ran in the March 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More Heart of the Home recipes:
- • Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables Recipe• Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe• Corned Beef Reuben Dip Recipe