Magic Lemon Pie Recipe
1 / 2
Friends and family are sure to love this dessert on any occasion.
Photo by GettyImages/EasyBy4u
2 / 2
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind OR 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) graham cracker OR baked pie crust
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon rind or extract, and egg yolks; stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour into chilled graham cracker crust or cooled pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar on medium speed, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat 4 minutes longer, or until sugar is dissolved and stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie, carefully sealing to edge of crust to prevent meringue from shrinking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool.
- Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator. These recipes are from the January 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
Recipes from this issue:
- White Chocolate Glaze with Toasted Coconut and Pecans Recipe
- Veggie Slaw Recipe
- Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Quick Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Quick Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe
- Mixed Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Confetti Cornbread Recipe
- Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Cincinnati-Style Turkey Chili Recipe
- Celebration Lime Cheesecake Bars Recipe
More dessert recipes: