Marble Bundt Cake Recipe
Marble Bundt Cake. Photo by Getty Images/MarianVejcik.
Marble Bundt Cake
Yields 8 to 12 servings.
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 1-1/2 cups butter, cream cheese, and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until mixture is pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add to butter mixture, 1 cup at a time, beating on low speed. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk cocoa powder and water together until smooth. Add slightly less than half the cake batter, and mix well.
- Dollop half the vanilla batter into the prepared pan. Cover with the chocolate batter, and smooth with a rubber spatula. Dollop remaining vanilla batter over the top, and smooth with a spatula. Tap pan on the counter a few times to make sure the batter gets into the grooves of the pan.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely, then transfer to a cake platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat powdered sugar, remaining butter, and remaining vanilla together. Stir in milk. Continue adding additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture reaches the consistency of a thick glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over the top and sides of cooled cake. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow glaze to set.