Thai Style Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons creamy-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced lemon grass OR grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) medium-size fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, orange juice, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and red pepper; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until hot, about 4 minutes.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl; pour peanut butter mixture over all; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours to blend flavors.
- Drain and serve on a bed of spinach or lettuce leaves garnished with diagonally sliced green onions and finely diced red pepper. This recipe originally aired in the May 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Asian Chicken and Mushroom Wraps Recipes
- Asian Noodle Soup Recipe
- Thai Style Marinated Mushrooms Recipe