Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze Recipe
This moist and delicious meatloaf is made even more flavorful with a homemade ketchup glaze baked onto the top of it.
1 Hour 10 Minutes
about 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup Homemade Ketchup, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or a pinch of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well, using your hands, until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan, pressing it into the corners, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ketchup with the brown sugar and red wine vinegar, and stir to blend. Pour on top of the meatloaf, and use the back of a spoon to spread it to the edges.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour. If the top starts to get too dark during the cooking time, cover it loosely with foil.
- Let the meatloaf stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up before slicing and serving.
Discover more delicious, seasonal recipes in Fresh Recipes for Garden Tomatoes.
When she’s not at the Capper’s Farmer offices, editor Traci Smith spends her time cooking, working in the yard and garden, crafting, and relaxing with her dogs, family, and friends.