Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe
1 / 2
Use corn tortillas in place of flour to give this casserole a different flavor.
Photo by Fotolia/BrentHofacker
2 / 2
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 pint chopped tomatoes with chiles
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 10 flour tortillas, or 14 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion in butter until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the soup, chicken, tomatoes and salsa. Heat until bubbling.
- Arrange half of the tortillas in a 9-by-13-inch pan. Pour half of the chicken mixture on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and cheese is golden brown.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.