Mexican Lasagna Recipe
1 / 2
Layer on the good stuff when you create this delightful Mexican Lasagna.
Photo by Fotolia/imaGo Martin R.
2 / 2
- 3/4 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 pint salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas, or 14 corn tortillas
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish lightly with oil; set aside. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown meat with onion; drain.
- Spread 2 tablespoons salsa on the bottom of the prepared dish. Cover with half of the tortillas. Layer beans, meat, tomato, lettuce, 1-1/2 cups cheese, and all but 1/2 cup salsa. Cover with remaining tortillas, and top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.