Enjoy these delicious recipes from the Capper's Farmer recipe archives that are perfect for the winter holidays!
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 3/4 cup mincemeat pie filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, powdered sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until fine crumbs form. Stir in orange zest. Sprinkle in water, and gather dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out an equal number of 3-inch circles and 2-inch circles.
- Line muffin cups or tart pans with 3-inch pastry circles. Add about 1 tablespoon mincemeat filling to each, and top with 2-inch pastry circles, pinching to seal edges. Cut a small "x" or a star design in the top of each, and brush lightly with egg.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack, and dust with additional powdered sugar just before serving.