Photo by Getty Images/burneingphoto
Yields 8 to 12 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Lime zest and slices, for garnish, optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 45 minutes.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, and whisk until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, and beat until smooth. Fold in half the whipped cream. Add the key lime juice, and beat on low speed until the filling is thick and creamy.
- Place the remaining whipped cream in a bowl, and cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until the filling is firm.
- Just before serving time, spread the remaining whipped cream over the filling. Garnish with lime zest and lime slices, if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.