Enjoy learning about and choosing the best varieties of pumpkins, squash and other colorful fall fruits to incorporate into your favorite recipes!
- 1-1/3 cups oat bran
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-1/4 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cooked butternut squash purée
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oat bran, rolled oats, and milk; set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend squash, egg whites, and oil. Stir in raisins. Add to bran mixture, then stir in dry ingredients until just moist.
- Divide batter equally among muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.