They are easy to make and are sure to be loved at your next gathering.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat; add milk, molasses and vanilla.
- Sift together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend into milk mixture.
- Stir in oats and nuts.
- Drop by level teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool.
This recipe was originally featured in the December 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- Maple Almond Bars Recipe
- Oatmeal Lace Cookies Recipes
- Maple Sandwich Cookies