Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
1 / 2
Oatmeal cookies are one of the most popular types of cookies.
Photo by Pixabay/StarFlames
2 / 2
- 3/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick OR old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in oats, raisins and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks.This recipe originally ran in the December 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More cookie recipes:
- • Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe• Slice and Bake Currant Cookie Recipe• Raisin-Filled Cookie Recipe• White Chocolate and Spice Cookie Recipe