Choco-Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1 roll (18 oz.) refrigerated peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 4 oats 'n honey crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9 oz. box), crushed (3/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray or shortening.
- Cut cookie dough into 24 slices. Press 1 slice in the bottom and up the side of each mini muffin cup, forming a 1/4-inch rim above top of cup (dust fingers with flour if necessary). Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges are deep golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. With the tip of the handle of a wooden spoon, press dough down in the center of each cup to make room for 2 tablespoons filling.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan, melt white chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Divide mixture evenly into cookie cups (about 1 tablespoon each). Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the same saucepan, melt chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Divide chocolate mixture evenly on top of peanut butter layer in each cup (about 1 tablespoon each). Sprinkle crushed granola bars over tops. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Remove from muffin cups before serving.This recipe originally aired in the May 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing Recipe
- Blackberry-Almond Bruschetta Recipe
- Cuban-Style Sandwiches with Green Chile Au Jus Recipe
- Peanut Butter Truffle Tart Recipe
- Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- Rise 'n Shine Lattice Pizza Recipe