Pecan Bread Recipe
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
• 2 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup orange juice
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
• Whole pecans, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard-size loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. With mixer set on low speed, alternately add dry ingredients and orange juice to creamed mixture, blending just until combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with a sprinkling of whole pecans, if desired. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until bread tests done.
Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.