Picante Peach Cobbler Recipe
1 / 2
Peach cobbler is a classic dessert, particularly in the Southern states of America.
Photo by Pixabay/la-fontaine
2 / 2
- 1 jar (24 oz.) picante sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (29 oz.) peach halves, drained and chopped
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Mix picante sauce, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a 3-quart saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 additional minutes, or until mixture thickens. Stir in peaches. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, or until it's easy to handle.
- Pour peach mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Gently place pie crust over peach mixture; crimp or roll edges to seal. Cut slits in top and bake for 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm.This recipe originally ran in the August 2007 edition of Heart of the Home.
More Heart of the Home Recipes:
- • Fiesta Beefy Enchilada Skillet Recipe• Shredded Pork Burritos with Chile Sauce Recipe• Perfect Rib-Eye Steak Recipe