Enjoy learning about and choosing the best varieties of pumpkins, squash and other colorful fall fruits to incorporate into your favorite recipes!
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups oil
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease five 5-by-2-1/2-by-2-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add oil and pumpkin, and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, dry pudding mix, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk to combine. Gradually beat flour mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Top with pecans, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature, topped with a dollop of whipped cream.