Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling Recipe
- 1 package (18.25-oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (30-oz.) easy pumpkin pie mix, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Orange rind curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8- or 9-inch-round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 1/2 cups pumpkin pie mix, eggs and oil in a large mixer bowl for 2 minutes. Spoon into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Whisk together evaporated milk and cornstarch in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in remaining pumpkin pie mix and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, or until thickened; remove from heat. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle remaining orange juice over tops of cakes. Cut layers in half horizontally. Spread about 3/4 cup cornstarch mixture between each layer, stacking them four high. Spread top of cake with whipped topping and garnish with orange curls, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
More form this Issue:
- One-Step Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
- Pumpkin Mousse in Cinnamon Pastry Shells Recipe
- Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie Recipe