Recipe for Chicken Thighs With Couscous
1 / 2
An elegant dish for a family dinner or a get-together with friends, Salsa Couscous Chicken hides a hint of sweet in the spicy sauce.
Photo by iStockphoto.com/martin turzak
2 / 2
- 3 cups couscous or rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add almonds, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chicken, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, turning once. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, water, currants, honey, cumin and cinnamon. Add to chicken, and stir to blend. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds. Serve with couscous.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.