Cheesy Salsa Meatloaf Recipe
• 1 1⁄2 pounds lean ground beef
• 20 to 24 ounces mild salsa, divided
• 1 block (8 ounces) mild or sharp cheddar cheese, or other cheese of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using your hands, mix ground beef with half the salsa until thoroughly blended.
3. Turn mixture out onto a large sheet of parchment paper, and press meat mixture out to form a circle.
4. Place block of cheese in center of meat circle, and wrap edges of meat mixture around cheese, pressing to seal the edges.
5. Carefully place meatloaf in prepared pan, and spread remaining salsa over the top.
6. Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.