Photo by GettyImage/EzumeImages
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices rye OR pumpernickel bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked corned beef OR deli corned beef
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, well-drained
- Lightly spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until it’s hot. Place 2 slices of bread, butter side down, in skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 slices cheese, 1 tablespoon dressing, 3 ounces corned beef, and 1/4 of the sauerkraut. Top with another slice of bread, butter side up.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with additional Thousand Island dressing.
Yields 4 sandwiches.