Roasted Lamb Chops
• 4 cloves garlic, pressed
• 1 tablespoon crushed fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon crushed fresh rosemary leaves
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 6 lamb chops, cut 1 1⁄4 inches thick
1. In a large bowl, combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, sea salt and 1 tablespoon oil; mix well. Add lamb chops and turn to coat thoroughly. Set bowl on counter and allow lamb chops to marinate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 400 F.
3. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat. Add chops and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side, turning once.
4. Place skillet in oven and cook for about 10 minutes. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer and continue cooking to desired doneness. Remove chops from oven when they are 5 to 10 degrees below desired doneness, as they will continue to cook while they rest. Let chops rest for 5 to 7 minutes before serving.
Note: Final cooking temperatures: Rare – 120 to 125 F; medium-rare – 130 to 135 F; medium – 140 to 145 F; well done – 150 to 155 F.
Looking for more out-of-the-ordinary Christmas recipes? Try some of our other Non-Traditional Holiday Recipes.