Fall is pumpkin time and pumpkin is very versatile to cook with. It can be found in both savory and sweet dishes. Everyone is familiar with traditional pumpkin pie but I have found a different way to celebrate pumpkin. This is a really easy, fast and scrumptious pumpkin muffin recipe. The muffins are delicious plain with that sprinkling of brown sugar but I add chopped pecans and blueberries to my muffins for more texture and flavor. This recipe is adapted from a book called Muffin Mania.
Yields 18-24 muffins
Cook time: 20-25 Minutes
• 4 large eggs at room temperature
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1-1/3 cups neutral vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
• 1-3/4 cups pumpkin (small can)
• 3 cups all purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 2 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups raisins or dried cranberries or blueberries
• 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
• 1/3 cup sieved light brown sugar or more if needed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease and flour the muffin tin.
3. Beat eggs lightly. Add sugar, oil, vanilla and pumpkin and combine thoroughly.
4. Sift the dry ingredients together and Add to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
5. Stir in raisins, cranberries and nuts, if using.
6. If you are adding blueberries, fold them in gently at this point.
7. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle tops with sieved brown sugar.
8. Bake 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE