These tasty cookies are easy to prepare.
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 1/4 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup Zante currants
1. Combine butter, powdered sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
2. Combine flour and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture; mix well. Stir in currants. Shape into a 12-inch roll. Wrap; refrigerate until firm.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in upper third of oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on racks.
This recipe originally ran in the December 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More cookie recipes:• Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
• Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
• Raisin-Filled Cookie Recipe
• White Chocolate and Spice Cookie Recipe