For an easy and delicious meal, make salmon fillets marinated in a brine made of brown sugar, grated ginger, fresh garlic, and soy sauce, and cooked on the smoker.
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- In a large baking dish, mix water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, onion powder, and ginger until combined. Let cool completely.
- Add fish fillets to cooled mixture, and marinate in refrigerator for 6 to 7 hours.
- Preheat smoker to 160 F, and add alder wood chips to smoker box. Place salmon in smoker, and cook for about 3 hours.
- Use a digital thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon. Remove from smoker when fish reaches 160 F, or when fillets take on a light pink color and begin to flake apart.