Southern-Style Iced Tea
- 6 tea bags
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey, preferably avocado honey (depending on how sweet you like your tea)
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- 1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add the tea bags to a heatproof pitcher, and pour the boiling water over the tea bags. While the tea is still hot, add the honey.
2. Allow to steep for 20 minutes to make a strong tea. Remove the tea bags.
3. Cool to room temperature or, better yet, make ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
4. To serve, pour the rich sweet tea into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs.
More from The Fresh Honey Cookbook:• Coconut Macaroons with Dried Cherries
•Chunky Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with Lemon Crème Fraîche
•Creamy Chicken and Coconut Curry
•Fresh-From-The-Garden Beets with Oranges and Blue Cheese
Excerpted from The Fresh Honey Cookbook, © by Laurey Masterton, photography by © Johnny Autry, used with permission from Storey Publishing. Buy this book from our store: The Fresh Honey Cookbook