Spit-Roasted Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon plus a pinch cayenne pepper, divided
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 8 center-cut pork chops, 3⁄4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, each cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Pour oil into a shallow dish. Mix in salt, paprika, 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne, brown sugar, garlic powder, and celery salt. Dip chops into mixture, turning to coat.
- Coat rotisserie basket with nonstick cooking spray. Lay chops in basket, and close lid tightly. Load basket onto spit rod. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a glaze by combining lime juice, honey, thyme, cumin, and a pinch of cayenne. After chops have cooked for 10 minutes, stop rotisserie and baste chops with glaze. Restart rotisserie, and grill for another 25 minutes, or until thickest part of chops reaches 160 F, stopping rotisserie three more times to baste.
- Remove chops from basket, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, and serve.Spit-Roasted Pork Chops R
More from The Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling:
- Apple Butter BBQ Ribs Recipe
- Potato Side Dish Recipe
- Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies With Bacon Bits
- Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Recipe for Grilled Tenderloins With Blue Cheese Topping
- Wood-Fired Apple-Pecan Pie Recipe