Photo by Getty Images/DarcyMaulsby
Yields about 12 servings.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the pretzels with the melted butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is set. Remove and set aside to cool completely.
- In another large bowl, combine the remaining sugar, cream cheese, and whipped topping. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Pour the boiling water into a medium-sized bowl. Add the gelatin, and stir until dissolved. Stir in the strawberries, and let stand until the berries thaw and the mixture thickens and partially sets. Pour over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill until set, at least 4 hours.