Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe
1 / 2
Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes features ditalini pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers and fresh thyme for a refreshing combination.
Photo by Fotolia/Marco Mayer
2 / 2
- 8 ounces uncooked ditalini pasta
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese, optional
- Boil and drain pasta according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, thyme, vinegar and oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture, and toss to combine. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle cheese on top, if desired.
More Recipes for Pasta Salads:
- • Tuna Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Mint Recipe• Easy Pasta Salad with Vegetables Recipe• Cold Pasta Salad with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Recipe• Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe