Enjoy the flavors of the Southwest in less than 30 minutes with this Taco Rice and Beans Recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and water, stirring until mixture is combined and slightly thickened.
- Stir in beans, rice and salsa. Cook for 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.