Tomato-Zucchini Bruschetta Recipe
Photo by Getty Images/DronG
Yields 8 servings.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Italian bread of your choice, sliced and toasted
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and garlic, and cook for 1 minute, or until they begin to soften. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, vinegar, and remaining oil to the zucchini mixture, and stir gently until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Spread a spoonful of the tomato mixture over your choice of Italian bread, and serve.
Discover more delicious, seasonal recipes in Fresh Recipes for Garden Tomatoes.
When she’s not at the Capper’s Farmer offices, editor Traci Smith spends her time cooking, working in the yard and garden, crafting, and relaxing with her dogs, family, and friends.