These zesty quesadillas make a great hand-held meal.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 1 cup thin green pepper strips
- 1 cup thin yellow pepper strips
- 1 cup thin red pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thin onion slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil. Sauté turkey, peppers, onions and cumin until turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove turkey; cut into strips.
- Mix Neufchâtel cheese with Parmesan cheese; spread onto each flour tortilla.
- Add turkey strips, peppers, onions, cheddar cheese and a spoonful of salsa onto half of each tortilla.
- Fold tortillas in half.
- Grill tortillas on an indoor grill until the cheese has melted, or bake at 400ºF. until golden-brown.
- Serve hot with chips and salsa.
This recipe originally aired in the August 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- Creamy Adobo Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe
- Grilled Greek Turkey Sausage with Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Marinated Turkey Breast Tenderloins with Mango Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Southwestern Bratwurst Recipe
- Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Turkey Breasts with Herbed Mustard Recipe
- Warm Gingered Chicken Salad with Crispy Greens Recipe