Grilled Greek Turkey Sausage with Cucumber Salsa Recipe
Yields 5 to 6 servings
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme OR 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound hot OR sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 5 to 6 buns (6 inches each), split lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine cucumber, onion, thyme, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Grill sausages for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- To serve, place sausages in buns and top each with 1/4 cup salsa. This recipe originally aired in the August 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- Creamy Adobo Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe
- Grilled Greek Turkey Sausage with Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Marinated Turkey Breast Tenderloins with Mango Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Southwestern Bratwurst Recipe
- Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Turkey Breasts with Herbed Mustard Recipe
- Three Pepper Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
- Warm Gingered Chicken Salad with Crispy Greens Recipe