This recipe originally ran in the January 2006 edition of Capper's Farmer.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces.) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 (4-inch) hamburger buns
- Green leaf lettuce, optional
- 1 medium tomato, optional
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey; crumble and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes; drain. Stir in chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Divide mixture evenly over bottom half of buns. Layer on lettuce and tomato, if desired. Top with remaining buns.