Easy Pasta Salad with Vegetables
• 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
• 4 ears of sweet corn, kernels cut off the cobs
• 2 cans (2 ounces each) sliced black olives, drained
• 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped or cut into wedges
• 1⁄2 cup fresh peas, optional
• 1⁄2 cup olive oil
• 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vinegar
• 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto
• 2 tablespoons chicken broth
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
• Fresh lettuce leaves
• 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
• Snipped fresh basil, for garnish
1. Boil and drain pasta according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
2. Fill a medium stockpot three-quarters full with water. Add corn kernels, and bring to boiling. Cover and boil gently for about 10 minutes, or until corn is tender; drain and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, corn, black olives, tomatoes and peas, if using. Stir gently to combine.
4. In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, pesto, broth, salt and pepper, and whisk until blended. Pour over pasta mixture, and toss gently to coat.
5. Cover and refrigerate salad for at least 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
6. When ready to serve, arrange some lettuce leaves around the sides of a serving bowl, and transfer the salad to the bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired, and garnish with basil.
More Recipes for Pasta Salads:• Tuna Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Mint Recipe
• Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe
• Cold Pasta Salad with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Recipe
• Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe