Enjoy learning about and choosing the best varieties of pumpkins, squash and other colorful fall fruits to incorporate into your favorite recipes!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 cup half-and-half
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute until soft. Add broth, salt, curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, and red pepper. Boil gently for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Working in batches, purйe in a blender until creamy.
- Return to pan and heat until hot. Serve immediately.
More from the Capper's Farmer recipe archive:
- Pumpkin Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze Recipe
- Oat Muffins with Butternut Squash Recipe
- No-Bake Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Butternut Squash Fritters Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe