Zesty Pumpkin Soup Recipe
1 / 2
Zesty Pumpkin Soup topped with homemade croutons makes for a simple weeknight meal.
Photo by Getty/La_vanda
2 / 2
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 cup half-and-half
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute until soft. Add broth, salt, curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, and red pepper. Boil gently for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Working in batches, pur?e in a blender until creamy.
- Return to pan and heat until hot. Serve immediately.