A new twist on an old favorite.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and salt. Mix well. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon mixture into 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cranberries over the top and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together flour, remaining brown sugar, remaining cinnamon and remaining ginger in medium bowl. Cut in remaining butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans.
- After 30 minutes, remove potatoes from and stir gently. Sprinkle topping evenly over the top.
- Return to oven, uncovered, and bake for 25 to 30 additional minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.