Sausage Mushroom Quiche Recipe
Sausage Mushroom Quiche
Yields 8 servings.
- 1 package (12 ounces) breakfast sausage patties
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, chopping into small pieces. Add mushrooms, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for an additional 5 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain well and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs and half-and-half. Stir in cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sausage mixture.
- Pour into baked pastry shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over-browning. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Mother’s Day Springtime Brunch
Serve your mom a delicious springtime brunch for Mother’s Day.
Blue Ribbon Skillet Recipe
A spicy brunch dish sure to please your Mother’s Day guests.
Summer Quiche Recipe
Saute garden-fresh onions, corn, and peppers to combine with eggs over a homemade dough for a healthy brunch.