Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
Sourdough Biscuits. Photo by Getty Images/jatrax.
Yields 3 dozen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lard or butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sourdough starter, salt, honey, baking powder, and lard until a soft dough forms.
- Pinch off egg-sized pieces and roll into balls. Place dough balls, touching, in the prepared skillet in concentric circles, starting with the outer edge, until filled. Brush tops with melted butter. Set skillet in a warm place for 10 minutes to allow biscuits to raise.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and insides are cooked through. Serve hot.
For more baking ideas, visit Sourdough Recipes.
White Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken chili, made in a slow cooker, calls for cream cheese and half-and-half for delightful creaminess, and is guaranteed to warm the body and soul.
Apple Blondies Recipe
This twist on traditional brownies makes a “blond” version that’s chewy like a brownie, and is flavored with apples, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts.
Chocolate Crispy Bars Recipe
These rich, no-bake chocolate bars are made with cereal and chocolate chips, and are perfect for an after-school snack or for dessert.