Sourdough Biscuits. Photo by Getty Images/jatrax.
Yields 3 dozen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lard or butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sourdough starter, salt, honey, baking powder, and lard until a soft dough forms.
- Pinch off egg-sized pieces and roll into balls. Place dough balls, touching, in the prepared skillet in concentric circles, starting with the outer edge, until filled. Brush tops with melted butter. Set skillet in a warm place for 10 minutes to allow biscuits to raise.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and insides are cooked through. Serve hot.
For more baking ideas, visit Sourdough Recipes.