Sourdough Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Sourdough Blueberry Muffins. Photo by Getty Images/jatrax.
Yields 12 muffins.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed, and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sourdough starter, oil, water, egg, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Add to sourdough mixture, and stir just until combined. Do not beat or overmix. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.
For more baking ideas, visit Sourdough Recipes.
No-Bake Blueberry Pie
This easy to make blueberry pie won’t have you turning on the air conditioner because it doesn’t have to go in the oven!
Raspberry Riches My Way
As a chef and farmer, my days are full of work, and yet I always stop and make time to enjoy seasonal produce as it comes to market. I have such a fondness for anything raspberry – my love for this fruit goes a long way back.
Wild Blueberry Muffins
Shared my delicious blueberry muffin recipe and a little about our blueberries on the farm.