Sourdough Blueberry Muffins. Photo by Getty Images/jatrax.
Yields 12 muffins.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed, and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sourdough starter, oil, water, egg, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Add to sourdough mixture, and stir just until combined. Do not beat or overmix. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.
For more baking ideas, visit Sourdough Recipes.