Crockpot Lava Cake
Anytime during the year is perfect for using your Crock-Pot; some people may call it a slow cooker. Doesn’t matter the name, what your make inside is what counts.
Come along and make this simple Crock-Pot Lava Cake for your family tonight. No special ingredients, just open your pantry doors, mix, pour, turn on the Crock-Pot and walk away. This cake even makes the frosting while it cooks. Don’t forget to have ice cream on hand.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- Whisk flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 Tablespoon cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, stir to combine.
- Spray your Crock-Pot with cooking spray and pour the batter into your Crock-Pot. Spread out evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, rest of brown sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in hot water.
- Pour over the batter. DON’T STIR.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with ice cream and enjoy!
Photos Courtesy of Candy Kage